1. Complete patterns to help @Reks dinosaur travel from the East coast to the West coast of the USA
It is built to work on all Apple devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) running iOS 4.0 or later.2. Sort by rearranging letters, numbers, and shapes to help @Reks dinosaur travel across Europe.
Pattern recognition and completion as well as sorting represent an important developmental skill for preschool children by expanding their intelligence quotient (IQ). It is a cognitive exercise for your child’s brain. Caboose requires the child to compare concepts and recognize patterns, and to compare size / position and sort
objects/letters/numbers accordingly. The process of comparing helps the child prepare for learning to recognize shapes, colors, numbers, size, etc.
The two games in the app can be customized in the SETTINGS to meet your child’s needs.
1. Patterns game includes the following features:
* Pattern type(s): ABAB, AABA, AABB, ABC…;
* Pattern content: shapes, colors, letters (upper/lower case), numbers, mix of any previous patterns (colors and shapes, numbers and letters, shapes and numbers…);
* Narration for each pattern item;
* Choice of narration with names or sounds (phonics) of the letters;
* Option to drag-and-drop or tap the correct item to continue the pattern;
* Caboose helps your child acquire analytical and logical thinking.
2. Sorting game includes the following features:
* Rearrange letters in alphabetical order / inverse alphabetical order (option)
* Rearrange numbers in increasing / decreasing order (option)
* Rearrange shapes from largest to smallest / from smallest to largest (option)
* Narration (option)
Caboose – Learn Patterns and Sorting with Letters, Numbers, Shapes and Colors App received a lot of attention from learners, teachers and app reviewers. Here are highlights of numerous reviews:
► “Applicable2U gives Caboose two thumbs up! It meets our approval for gaming with a reason.” (applicable2u)
► “If you are looking for an innovative way to introduce or reinforce sorting and pattern recognition for your Pre-schooler or Kindergartner, Caboose is just the ticket.” (TheiPhoneMom)
► “With a very interactive and engaging design, your child will be learning and having fun at the same time “ (http://www.iear.org)
► “Kids will definitely have fun with Caboose, and parents and teachers will appreciate the fact that they can customize it, avoiding the frustrations many children experience when they are unable to complete a task or activity.” (iHeartThisApp.com)
► “This is a cute and colorful app that is perfect for preschool and kindergarten age children.“ (LearnThingsWeb)
►Caboose Recommended by Texas Computer Education Association (TCEA)
►Caboose in 10 Best Introductory Math Games for the iPad by Learn Things Web
►Pappa Daniel (www.pappasappar.se) found the app to be educational and beneficial for children so he convinced us to create a Swedish version of the app