1. Complete patterns to help @Reks dinosaur travel from the East coast to the West coast of the USA:
* Pattern type(s): ABAB, AABA, AABB, ABC…;
* Pattern content: shapes, colors, letters (upper/lower case), numbers, mix of any previous patterns (colors and shapes, numbers and letters, shapes and numbers…);
* Narration for each pattern item;
* Choice of narration with names or sounds (phonics) of the letters;
* Option to drag-and-drop or tap the correct item to continue the pattern;
* Caboose helps your child acquire analytical and logical thinking.
2. Sort by rearranging letters, numbers, and shapes to help @Reks dinosaur travel across Europe:
* Rearrange letters in alphabetical order / inverse alphabetical order (option)
* Rearrange numbers in increasing / decreasing order (option)
* Rearrange shapes from largest to smallest / from smallest to largest (option)
* Narration (option)
Caboose – Learn Patterns and Sorting with Letters, Numbers, Shapes and Colors App helps your child acquire analytical and logical thinking thus expanding their intelligence quotient.
It is a cognitive exercise for your child’s brain. Caboose requires the child to compare concepts and recognize patterns. The process of comparing helps the child prepare for learning to recognize shapes, colors, numbers, etc. Pattern recognition and completion represent an important developmental skill for preschool children.
Although all children develop as individuals, the age ration below should provide parents as a starting point in helping their children’s performance:
– Ages 4-5: Can complete without assistance.
– Age 3: Can complete with minimal assistance after directions are given.
– Age 2: Introduction to math concepts — can complete with adult assistance.
Easy to use
This app prides itself in rich and distinct visual effects. The shapes are easy to spot and big enough to tap on. The video effects create the sense of time in the form of day/night.
Caboose – Learn Patterns and Sorting with Letters, Numbers, Shapes and Colors App provides an appealing and engaging environment. The audio and visual elements will take your child on the wings of imagination to the world of chu-chu trains where the train’s movement depends solely on your child’s decision. The train goes forward if the answer is correct, or backward if the answer is incorrect.
Great Reception by Reviewers and Educators
Caboose – Learn Patterns and Sorting with Letters, Numbers, Shapes and Colors has had over 100,000 thousand downloads since its appearance in iTunes. A large number of downloads were purchases made by educational institutions.
► “Applicable2U gives Caboose two thumbs up! It meets our approval for gaming with a reason.” (applicable2u)
► “If you are looking for an innovative way to introduce or reinforce sorting and pattern recognition for your Pre-schooler or Kindergartner, Caboose is just the ticket.” (TheiPhoneMom)
► “With a very interactive and engaging design, your child will be learning and having fun at the same time “ (http://www.iear.org)
► “Kids will definitely have fun with Caboose, and parents and teachers will appreciate the fact that they can customize it, avoiding the frustrations many children experience when they are unable to complete a task or activity.” (iHeartThisApp.com)
► “This is a cute and colorful app that is perfect for preschool and kindergarten age children.“ (LearnThingsWeb)
►Caboose Recommended by Texas Computer Education Association (TCEA)
►Caboose in 10 Best Introductory Math Games for the iPad by Learn Things Web
►Pappa Daniel (www.pappasappar.se) found the app to be educational and beneficial for children so he convinced us to create a Swedish version of the app