Thanksgiving, or Thanksgiving Day, is a holiday celebrated in the United States on the fourth Thursday in November. It has been celebrated as a federal holiday every year since 1863, when, during the Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national day of “Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens”, to be celebrated on the last Thursday in November.
The event that Americans commonly call the “First Thanksgiving” was celebrated by the Pilgrims after their first harvest in the New World in 1621. This feast lasted three days, and it was attended by 90 Native Americans (as accounted by attendee Edward Winslow) and 53 Pilgrims.
1. A: If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?
2. A: What smells the best at a Thanksgiving dinner?
B: Your nose!
3. A: What always comes at the beginning of parades?
B: The letter “p”!
4. A: What key won’t open any door?
B: A turkey!
5. A: Why did the turkey cross the road?
B: It was the chicken’s day off!
6. A: Why did the chewing gum cross the road?
B: It was stuck on the turkey’s foot!
7. A: Why did the turkey cross the road twice?
B: To prove he wasn’t chicken!
8. A: What do you get when a turkey lays an egg on top of a barn?
B: An eggroll!
9. A: Where do you find a turkey with no legs?
B: Exactly where you left it!
10, A: What do you call it when it rains turkeys?
B: Foul weather!
11. A: Why did the turkey sit on the tomahawk?
B: To hatchet!
12. A: What should you wear to Thanksgiving dinner?
B: A har-vest!
13. A: If the Pilgrims were alive today, what would they be most famous for?
B: Their age!
14. A: What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
B: Pumpkin pi!
15. A: What always comes at the end of Thanksgiving?
B: The letter “g”!
16. A: Why did the police arrest the turkey?
B: They suspected it of fowl play!
17. A: Which side of a turkey has the most feathers?
B: The outside!
18. A: Why do turkeys lay eggs?
B: If they dropped them, they’d break!
19. A: What’s the most musical part of a turkey?
B: The drumstick!
20. A: If fruit comes from a fruit tree, where does turkey come from?
B: A poul-tree!
21. A: What happened when the turkey got into a fight?
B: He got the stuffing knocked out of him!
22. A: What’s the key to a great Thanksgiving dinner?
B: The turkey!